Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Making sugar-free apple crisp.


I make home made apple sauce. Cut up the peeled and cored apples and cook them in a small amount of water, un...til soft and most of the water is gone.


Add cinnamon only and use a potato masher to mash them. I make mine chunky, especially if I'm using it in crisp. Let cool


Spray olive oil (Pam now makes olive oil instead of that bad stuff) into a square pan.


put the cooled apple sauce in the bottom, saving a bit in a small bowl set aside. even it out in the pan.


Open a sugar-free white or yellow cake mix. I usually buy cupcake size, because I will use all of it.


Cover the apple sauce with a half of the regular sized cake mix and even out.


Cut pats of butter to cover the top. I use 16 pats in a square pan.


Put in oven at 350 degrees and bake until the top is nice and brown. I like mine kind of dark brown.


(Depending on the oven but it can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour but check it after a half hour)


Take the small bowl that was set aside to the computer and eat while the rest is baking.


We squirt a bit of sugar free caramel on top and whipping cream made with sugar substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment