Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Low-Carb Cooking

I wanted a place to put all my recipies because so many people ask about them.

I only buy a couple of special things for cooking, otherwise, I find it difficult to buy special ingredients to make simple meals or desserts.

Almond Flour/meal:   This can be found at most grocery stores, but can be a bit expensive. Around $10 for Red Mill brand.  I look online and if I find a deal, sometimes I can buy two for that amount. So that's usually what I do. It lasts me a long time because I don't use it every day. I used to make muffins every day but got tired of it.

Flaxseed Flour/meal:  This is cheaper at the grocery store. I got some on sale at Target last time. I buy the Golden kind because it doesn't make the food look so dark, even though it tastes the same, to me, anyway.

CarbQuick: This is like Bisquick. Not good if you're allergic to wheat. Not even that great for low carb eating but it is lower carb and it is useful for some low carb breads/cakes so I use it.

I am more than happy to share with everyone.  Even if you're not low carbing, and you just want sugar free or wheat free recipies most of them are good.  I have collected these recipies from all over the web and I don't know who posted what.. If I post one of yours, let me know and I will give you credit.

I don't really like to cook but I must, so most of these are easy to do, and don't take a lot of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment