Friday, March 22, 2013

Taco Seasoning

 I ran out of packaged taco seasoning and I looked up several recipies and combined some things to make my own blend. Some things I just didn't have and some things I didn't want to use. This is the result. A little different flavor but everyone liked it. I have four or five baggies open when I do this so I have enough for four or five times. I bunch it all up in a corner, tie off with a twist tie, and cut off the extre baggie for four small baggies of seasoning.

Taco Seasoning

1 T dried onion
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder or dried garlic
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp ground cummin
1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne or paprica
2 tsp or two of those packages of red pepper flakes (from Pizza Hut)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp majorum
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix well in the baggie before tying it off. Use one each time and store the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment